Saturday, April 15th, 2017
|Wit & Whimsy - songs by Alexander S. Bermange CD
Featuring David Bedella, Christopher Biggins and Nigel Planer
Fan club rep Kev sent me news of a CD featuring several stars who have appeared in The Rocky Horror Show over the years.
Wit & Whimsy - songs by Alexander S. Bermange is a double CD set with a total of 23 tracks.
I wasn't sure what to expect having not heard of Mr. Bermange before, but was pleasantly surprised by the content of the discs.
Reading through the notes, hidden in the gatefold cover, it became clear that Alexander has had a love of musical theatre for many years. His songs are indeed witty, bordering on parody at times, but all in all great fun. It's as if you are sharing the musical in jokes with the performers as you listen.
Alexander himself accompanies all the songs on the piano and has gathered a wonderful cast of performers to sing his work.
Featuring are our own David Bedella (Frank N Furter UK Tour), Christopher Biggins (Narrator UK Tour and Transylvania in RHPS) and Nigel Planer (Narrator UK Tour) as well as a host of other west end performers.
Overall a good addition to the collections and great fun too!
For more information about Alexander S. Bermange and news of a special performance on Sunday, 30th April 2017 at The Hippodrome Casino, London visit bermange.co.uk or book via The Hippodrome Casino web site
- THE OPENING NUMBER - David Bedella
- CONFESSION - Miriam Margolyes
- GUEST SPOT - Amy Lennox
- ATRAINSPOTTER'S TALE - Phil Daniels
- I LOVE TO SING - Emma Williams
- I THINK I MIGHT BE JESUS - Simon Bailey
- I WISH THAT MY LIFE WERE LIKE A MUSICAL - Gina Beck
- NOTHING BEATS A PIECE OF PISA PIZZA - Richard Carson
- LULLABY - Anna-Jane Casey
- A SERIOUS ACTOR - Ben Richards
- WE'VE NEVER HAD IT SO GOOD - Gemma Sutton and Sanne den Besten
- AUDITION - Lauren Samuels
- WEDDING NIGHT - Christopher Biggins
- MY PRINCE - Laura Pitt-Pulford
- YET I'M HAPPY - Ian Bartholomew
- THE KEY PROBLEMS - Sam Lupton
- MOANING ABOUT PHONING - Tracie Bennett
- STUCK IN THE ENSEMBLE - Oliver Savile
- HE LEFT ME FOR MY GRANNY - Lucy May Barker
- THE UNDERGROUND - Craig Mather
- MULTIPLEXITY - Cassidy Janson
- A SORRY STORY - Nigel Planer
- IT'S LOVELY BEING A LUWIE - All Artists
Piano: Alexander S. Bermange
Produced by Mike Dixon
Recorded and Mixed by Keenan Bailey and Jonny Breakwell at Resident Studios London
Mastered by Simon Haram at Silent Age Sound
The voice of the Accompanist: Craig Mather
CD design by Barel Graphics
All information and images used for purpose of review on timewarp.org.uk only.
Top of Page Print page Email this to a friend Copyright ©TimeWarp fan club